Tree Fern Orchid Boards
Tree Fern Orchid Boards (also known as Tree Fern Plaques, Tree Fern Slabs, Tree Fern Mounts, and Xaxim Orchid Mounts) have been used for many years and are well regarded as the ideal mount for orchids, air plants, ferns and more.
Fernwood Orchid Boards are made from New Zealand Tree Fern and are softer and more moisture retentive than boards made from South American or Asian Tree Fern.
Fernwood Orchid Boards:
- Have a very natural colour and when wetted will turn to a darker chocolate brown.
- They offer excellent drainage and aeration and can be used in high humidity glass houses without deterioration.
- Because the Fernwood Orchid Board is soft, it is easy to push wires through the fibre, allowing the boards to be used as hanging mounts. The wire holds fast because of the strong fibrous nature of the board.
Tree Fern Orchid Boards can be used by both hobbyist and commercial growers.
Tree Fern Orchid Boards come in various sizes to suit your application
Tree Fern Orchid Substrate
Fernwood Soft Tree Fern Substrate is made from a native New Zealand Tree Fern and is soft, spongy and has fantastic moisture holding abilities.
- It is an excellent growing substrate for many different plant types including epiphytes, orchids, and ferns.
- It has the ability to retain moisture for a long period of time without bogging and encourages healthy growth.
- It is also an excellent hydroponic substrate.
Tree Fern Orchid Substrate Bags are available in 2 sizes.
All Fernwood Products are manufactured from New Zealand Tree Fern which is sustainably harvested from privately owned forests